Two Rivers is a city located in Northeast Wisconsin on the Lake Michigan shore between Milwaukee and Green Bay. With a population of over 11,200 Two Rivers provides bountiful recreational opportunities and invites visitors to “Catch Our Friendly Waves.”
Named in honor of local residents George and Marcia Lester, Lester Public Library opened in June of 1997. It is the second largest public library in Manitowoc County and is a member of the Manitowoc Calumet Library System. The new library replaced the Joseph Mann Library, a Carnegie library built in 1914.
Two Rivers is home to the French Side Fishing Village Historic District near the point where the East Twin River and West Twin River merge and flow into Lake Michigan. The community was founded by French-Canadian fisherman over 160 years ago and it has been the heart of the city’s commercial fishing operations since then.
Please enjoy this presentation based on the library’s mission statement.
This video features details from an artist’s maquette for “Spirit of the Rivers,” a monumental bronze sculpture created by R.T. “Skip” Wallen. The sculptural study was photographed in Two Rivers, Wisconsin in the office of Lester Public Library Director Jeff Dawson.
The completed “Spirit of the Rivers” sculptural group was dedicated on September 16, 2018 on the Lake Michigan shoreline between Manitowoc and Two Rivers.
Click the blue microphone icon below to listen to an audio interview with Jeff Dawson.
Lester Public Library Flickr Photo Stream http://www.flickr.com/photos/lesterpubliclibrary/
THANK YOU TO THE FOLLOWING PROJECT SUPPORTERS Click logos for more information