MATHESON MEMORIAL LIBRARY
Named after industrialist and library donor William J. Matheson, Matheson Memorial Library is located in Elkhorn, WI and is one of 15 member libraries in the Lakeshores Library System, serving Racine and Walworth counties.
The original 9,000 square foot building was dedicated in 1931 and a 4,500 square foot addition was added in 1990. In 2004, the library opened a new 14,000 square foot addition designed by Plunkett Raysich Architects LLP of Milwaukee, WI. This addition includes the Elkhorn Community Center.
According to information provided by the library’s Web site, the library has approximately 70,000 items including books, magazines, DVDs and CDs. In addition, patrons have access to over one million additional titles through the SHARE consortium.
Matheson Memorial Library
101 N. Wisconsin St.